Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

To Cuda or not to Cuda

My first car was a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 which I still have although it's been taken apart.  Since then I've been thinking that instead of restoring the Duster (which originally wasn't a 340) I'd love to drop the 340 into a pre-1970 Barracuda Fastback.  I'd love it to be a Formula S but a regular 6-banger would give me the freedom to do what I'd want to with it.

This dream was rekindled a bit when I watched an episode of West Coast Customs where they took a 1967 6-banger, customized it and dropped in a new 6.1 Hemi into it.  I'm more of a hot rodder than a custom guy but this one turned out really nice.

  
Just for reference I'm including a picture of what an original Barracuda looks like the same year.  As you can see they did change a lot but I love the super clean lines with all the trim and crap removed.  The original car certainly isn't ugly though.



I have a lot of loose ends to tie up before I get to a point where I can even worry about it however it's nice to dream

No comments:

Post a Comment