Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ford's Design Folly

2015 Ford Mustang
With the recent leak of the 2015 Mustang images it seems very clear that Ford is trying to create brand
recognition with their car designs, much like BMW, Porsche, etc.  The Focus, Fusion, and now the Mustang all have that same look.  Personally I don’t understand this design strategy because if a customer doesn't like the look then they are basically lost for the entire line of vehicles from that manufacture.  Also apparently the look that Ford has chosen is one that everyone associates with Aston Martin who have had their design since 2004, so it’s not even unique or original.
2014 Ford Fusion

2014 Ford Focus
I don’t like the look of the new Mustang specifically because it does look like all the others.  I enjoy this look much better on an Aston Martin.  I’m also not thrilled with Ford’s attempt to twist it onto their own image.  You hire auto designers to copy other brands? I will instead happily hold onto my 2007 Mustang GT for now.

Aston Martin DB9

No comments:

Post a Comment