Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Still Not Sold on the '15 Mustang Design

My girlfriend is Ukrainian and thinks it's so cool that Mustang people wave at each other.  When we see another Mustang she always points it out.  I cruised past a new 2015 Mustang GT on the freeway this week and she didn't even notice it.  I said, "That's a Mustang" and she she said really??  The design is so boring.  I tried to put my finger on why and I noticed it's because we've seen it before like in the Audi TT.  It is pretty strange when you see them sitting together.  The sloping roofline, the sinister headlights, the similar front air dam.

2015 Audi TT compared to the 2015 Mustang GT
If you stripped off all the emblems would a casual car person know the difference?  From some angles even a 2015 BMW and Mercedes sedan can look slightly similar in the fascia and body shape.

Certainly you can argue the differences between them all but the point I'm trying to make is the similarities are noticeable and on the road cause them to blend in with the rest of the traffic which is something I really hate to do.  At least the 2016 Mustang GT350 is a little more radical looking than the base GT which helps hide its "plainness" but I have to admit part of me was really happy to see my Mustang looks so.... distinctly Mustang.



No comments:

Post a Comment