Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Ford's Grabber Orange

My old 2005 Screamin' Yellow GT
I really love the color of my Mustang.  I owned a Screamin' Yellow '05 previously and was coerced into trading it in for my current '07.  At first I really didn't like the Grabber Orange paint.  To me it was saying, "school bus" but over time it grew on me and now I love it.  But one thing always bothered me about it.  Almost nobody sees it as orange. Most say yellow and I always correct them.  Little kids see my car and say Bumble Bee (from the transformers movies) which drives me super bonkers because it's not yellow or a Camaro.  But they are kids so we'll forgive them.

Today I pulled into the parking lot and someone had their new 2014 Mustang GT there.  It was all shiny and black so I decided to park next to it and snap a few pictures of our cars together.  When I got in the office I noticed why I love the color so much but also why people get so confused.  From different angles the car's color looks totally different.  In the left picture it's almost glowing yellowish orange.  But on the right it is a definite almost carrot orange.












I've had people scoff at it and even had one woman on the street scream, "Shitty Color" but I don't care.  I think it's unique and stands out in the sea of black, white, and silver cars everyone seems to be driving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment